Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Thing #21

Well, I've explored podcasts (although, again, the tutorial led to a broken link) and found a few worth following. One of my favorites is The Splendid Table, from Lynne Rosetto Kasper's NPR show. Since I usually forget to listen to this program, it's more convenient to have the podcast available. And if you're traveling, you can probably find a podcast for the city/country you're visiting and have your own personal guide. Much easier than lugging around hefty guidebooks!

As for library uses, I think it would be a great way to make computer and other technology classes available to the public. Especially now that many library systems are losing staff, more and more content is going to have to move online. Thanks to Noel for the excellent suggestion about podcasting J Books to Know Training (as well as Adult and YA trainings). And thanks to Annette for helping me put the RSS feed to my Bloglines account.

tlk

No comments:

Post a Comment